Television Production Client – Tyler, TX
- Audio console was failing. Lighting console was maxed out and there was a need to add moving head and LED color changing fixtures. Desired environmental protection to provide visual interest to college-age target audience. Required additional on-stage screens for image magnification (IMAG) and five cameras, video switcher, video engineering station, and additional graphics station to support live streaming.
- Designed new audio system based on the clients existing infrastructure and future goals utilizing the new Roland M5000 audio console
- Performed system tuning of the existing system to increase fidelity and intelligibility
- On-site design review, troubleshooting and re-engineering to ensure on-time completion of project
- Designed and implemented design for multi-camera video production system, intercom and video distribution system including PTZ and ENG cameras
- Installed and configured 7 Sony VPL-FHZ700 projectors for environmental projection and dual-stack projection systems
- Effectively trained personnel on new equipment operation and improved process flows for simplified operation
- Modified construction documents, including wiring diagrams and process flow documents, to reflect engineering changes affected on-site to provide client with accurate as-built documentation
- Press Release from Roland regarding this project can be found here
Church Client – Copper Canyon, TX
- New building construction to accommodate church growth.
- Presented complete system design to non-technical clients and executed the installation of the system working with all building contractors including scheduling, planning and collaboration between trades
- Designed and installed complete audio system based on the Roland M-480 console including M-48 personal mixers
- Designed main speaker system with QSC KLA and K series self-powered speakers
- Installed patch panel to allow access to any combination and order of the stage microphone inputs to the two S-1608 stage boxes.
- Installed CAT5 patch bay to allow simple connection of M48 boxes to any of the floor box connections
- Installed power conditioning and sequencing to allow simple, single point, controlled power up/down of all audio components
- Designed and installed complete lighting system of both room and theatrical lights including Source4 Jr. Zoom fixtures, DMX lighting controller to control conventional and LED Pendant lights, dimmers, lighting bar, all control cabling and 5 way wall switches with manual override to allow the main control surface to take control
- Installed 54 - 4'x4' acoustic panels in main sanctuary to help control reverberant sound effecting an RT60 change from 2.5 to 1.3
- Coordinated with all construction personnel for new sanctuary construction timelines including electricians, general contractor, millwork, and architect as well as provided comprehensive shop drawings for planning and executing the design
Church Client – Plano, TX
- Significant sanctuary remodel in an acoustically challenging environment required updates to audio, video and lighting controls.
- Designed and implemented aesthetically transparent audio system upgrade that minimized the acoustic challenges of the room and suited the client’s specifications for the precise type of “sound” requested for the venue.
- Installed, configured and tuned Renkus-Heinz IKONIX column line arrays with the accompanying subwoofer for the main PA.
- Installed a new Allen & Heath analog mixer (requested by the operator and limited by budget) and a Shure automixer to make provision for unattended events.
- Designed and installed XLR patch bay at front of house to allow access to any of the 40 stage inputs on the 32 channel console
- Installed new power conditioning and sequencing to allow simple, single point, and controlled power up/down
- Designed and installed new video system with DLP Projector and Analog Way switcher.
- Replaced existing motorized screen with new one including installing new low voltage analog control
- Installed a new lighting system for the entire venue including dimmers ETC Source4 Jr. Zoom Fixtures, DMX controller, wall stations and a manual panel override at the Control Booth
- Coordinated with all construction personnel for sanctuary construction including providing and coordinating timelines with electricians, general contractors, millwork, painters and provided comprehensive shop drawings